Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! Congratulations, school is out and you have your kids 24/7 for the next two weeks! If your anything like me, I have multiple kids, all boys and full of energy. Therefore, I have to keep their minds stimulated and their bodies busy or else they are going to tear my house up and drive me CRAZY!!
Here are 5 Christmas events all around Atlanta!
- Macy’s Pink Pig @ Lenox Square Mall
The famous Macy’s Pink Pig has been an Atlanta holiday tradition for over fifty years! You and your family can go shopping at the mall for holiday gifts and take a ride on the Pink Pig train. It takes your family on a storybook ride. The kids will love it.
Location: Lenox Square Mall; Upper Level Parking Deck; 3393 Peachtree Rd. NE, Atlanta. 404-233-6767. $3 per ride.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer @ Center for Puppetry of Arts
Rudolph is a back to tell his holiday tale based on the classic television special. Your all-inclusive Rudolph ticket includes the live performance, a Create-A-Puppet Workshop™ and admission to the Worlds of Puppetry Museum. Great for ages 4 and older.
Location: 1404 Spring St. NW, Atlanta. 404-873-3391. Ages 2 and older, $20.50-$24.50.
- Celebration of Lights @ Children’s Museum of Atlanta
The showcase will run through December 30. The Children’s Museum highlights the different holidays from around the world with themed activities. A different holiday is celebrated each week.
Location: 275 Centennial Park Dr., Atlanta. 404-527-3693. $14.95; younger than 1, free.
- Stone Mountain Christmas @ Stone Mountain Park
Stone Mountain Park has over two million lights, a 4-D Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Movie, live performances, the Singalong Train, a visit with Santa and a fireworks finale.
Location: 1000 Robert E. Lee Blvd., Stone Mountain. 770-498-5690. $25.95 per person for Christmas Adventure Pass. Parking, $15.
- Hanukkah Story Time @ Little Shop of Stories
There are two upcoming events before Christmas.
(1) Hanukkah Story Time Dec. 22 7 p.m. Seats are filling up fast. $5 per child
(2) The Night Before The Night Before Christmas (yes, that is the title) December 23 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. There is a waiting list for both shows, it may be worth a try. $5 per child