This summer, Hubby and I are planning our first cruise together (without the kids)!! I plan to get some serious rest and relaxation. However, I really need to workout.
Taking the first steps to workout, for me, is not always the easiest. I have to be mentally ready. So many thoughts run through my head. I think about: who is going to watch the kids, will I have time to exercise, am I going to be too tired to even exercise. In the end, I always change my mind about exercising. A year later, I look at the calendar and still haven’t started not one pushup.
So, I am taking my first baby steps towards a healthier me. I’ve found these 5 quick workouts online that is truly designed for beginners. These moves are simple and can be done at home with just a yoga mat and some music.
5 Quick and Easy Workout Moves for Absolute Beginners:
Equipment Needed: yoga mat
What to Do: Review the videos below and perform each exercise for the amount of reps suggested.
***Remember, it is always a good idea to get a doctor’s permission before starting any new fitness program.***
1. The Modified Plank– The plank pose is a personal trainer favorite because it is simple enough to perform anywhere, and it works your body’s entire core. It also can help to elongate the spine, strengthen the arms and wrists, and increase balance. Hold the pose for 15 seconds, and then release. Repeat 2x.
2. The Superman Pose– The Superman Pose targets the three main muscles that run along the spine and helps to prevent injuries, improve posture, and eliminate back and neck pain. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
3. Side-Lying Leg Lifts– Side-lying leg lifts are easy for anyone to perform and target the hips and outer thighs. Repeat 10-15 times on each side.
4. Assisted Squats– This beginner move is a modified version of traditional squats and targets the muscles of the lower body, including the thighs, hips, and butt. It is also effective at building core strength and strengthening the bones, ligaments, and tendons of the lower body. Repeat 10-15 times.
5. Modified Pushups– Like traditional pushups, modified pushups target the arms, chest, shoulders, and core. Repeat 10-15 times.